Solar 2 now available on iPad!

Yeah, I know, I know. This is long overdue. People kept saying “Solar 2 would be awesome on a tablet!” but I was just lazy. But all my recent porting adventures to Mac and Linux meant that a lot of the hard work was already done, and I suddenly realized it was just a simple step over to the iPad.

What devices does it support? – iPad 2 or newer
What price? – $3.99
Does it support full retina resolutions? – Sure does

Don’t have an iPad? An Android version is also in the works, and should surface before too long. Solar 2 won’t be appearing on phones, the game would need to be butchered to support such a tiny screen, and I just don’t have the heart to do that. Solar 2 is also available on Windows, Mac, Linux and Xbox 360.

To date, Solar 2 has sold over 200,000 copies across all platforms.

About Jay Watts

Independent Game Developer.
This entry was posted in Murudai Games. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Solar 2 now available on iPad!

1. Andy Beans says:

Hey Jay,

Absolutely loving this game on PC, can’t wait to play it on my Nexus 7. Any idea when it’ll hit Android?

Andy

2. fez says:

Oh I wouldn’t say it won’t be on phones. Installed and loving it immensely on my Nexus 4.

3. Lewis says:

Hi, I have a windows 8 tablet and a copy of your game, is there any way you can implement the option for the iPad control system of the pc version so that it can be played on these tablets?

4. nano says:

Hello, its not working on android tablets, tested it on “bq edison” and “bq elcano”
    error : blank screen.

5. Osip says:

Say “thanks” you for your mother and father they gave you the planet

6. Gary Williams says:

Just wanted to say I am a big fan of these games. I bought both of these over XBL, and played the shit out of them. I really think that you have something here. And especially with the rise of a game like Candy Crush, which is just a re-packaging of a game like Bejewled and prob many before it, I think you have an original concept that really is addicting. minor tweeks and I think this game has so much mass potential. Don’t stop developing please!